Yoga and the benefits
“Practice and all is coming” – Pattabi Jois
What is yoga?
The word yoga comes from Sanskrit and means “to connect” or “to unite”. Through yoga we aim to unite the body and mind. Yoga is more than just the physical practice of postures (asanas). Postures are combined with breathing exercises (Pranayama), meditation (dhyana) and focus (dharana).
You will find a lot of information regarding yoga on the Internet. Read the most frequently asked questions about yoga here.
Benefits of yoga
- Builds strength
- Improves posture and flexibility
- Shapes your body
- Supports weight loss
- Enhances balance
- Helps recovery from injury and/or chronic pain
- Reduces stress
- Tones and strengthens muscles
- Clears your mind
- Calms your soul
- Helps you be more present and creates awareness
- Increases energy levels
- Experience a new level of emotional peace and mental clarity
- Open yourself to the process of transformation
- Enjoy life more
- Give your life more meaning
- Learn to live from your inner power